Employment status: Full time internship
Location: Team Sunweb’s HQ, Deventer
Duration: March-August 2019
Are you passionate about cycling and qualified in (or studying) Media and Communications? Are you a creative, results-driven individual with an impeccable eye for detail? Are you a native English speaker, with flawless writing capabilities? Do you have a desire to learn in a development-focused environment?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, then read on…
Team Sunweb are looking for an intern to join their expanding Communications team to help produce next-level, online content. The role provides an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic environment producing excellent, high quality social content within elite sport. Reporting to and working with Team Sunweb’s current Communications team, the role is most suited to an up and coming communications specialist who is eager to learn. A preferred candidate would be willing to relocate for the position.
The successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for growing and engaging Team Sunweb’s online following.
- Plan and execute social media content across all of Team Sunweb’s channels.
- Write high quality and engaging website copy, including race reports, news items, press releases and interesting fan content.
- Maintain and update Team Sunweb’s website.
- Support in planning and implementing creative communications campaigns.
- Provide support in the creation and execution of video and photography scripts and concepts, bringing new and exciting ideas to the table to enhance fan engagement.
- Qualified (or studying) in the Communications field at a BA level.
- Immaculate English language skills (native English speaker is required).
- A passion for writing and a flare for creativity.
- A love for cycling.
- Excellent social analytical knowledge, able to critically look at campaigns and find ways to improve through in-depth analysis.
- Team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Great initiative skills.
- The ability to adapt to industry trends and developments.
- Strong desire to learn and develop.
- Good prioritization skills and deadline driven.
- Hard working, and the flexibility to regularly work outside of the restrictions of a 9-5.
A preferred candidate would:
- Be able to relocate to Team Sunweb’s headquarters.
- Have additional language skills in German or Dutch.
- Still be in study, seeking an internship or recently graduated.
About Team Sunweb:
Team Sunweb is a professional cycling team operating three programs under one umbrella; Men’s WorldTour, Women’s WorldTour and Development. The organization has an international focus and consists of more than 150 employees from all different kinds of disciplines. The team operates according to its “Keep Challenging” DNA which is based on teamwork and innovation.
If you are interested in joining Team Sunweb’s expanding Communications team, please send an email to Emily Brammeier (email@example.com) with the following:
- CV and covering email including:
- Your current situation (studying or recently graduated).
- Why you are a good candidate and what skills you could bring to our Communications team.
- Your expected salary.
- Examples of a communicative campaign that you have successfully executed, including the goal and strategy behind it.
We thank you for your application, please note that only potential candidates will receive a response.