- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the mixing bowl.
- First add the yeast in the bowl and then the salt. If the salt touches the yeast, the yeast will not work properly!
- Add the water to the flour mix.
- Start mixing with your hands.
- When the dough’s texture is transforming from sticky to compact, get the dough out of the mixing bowl.
- Dust the counter with some flour and place the dough on the counter.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes with your hands.
- Grease the dough ball with a little bit of olive oil and put it back in the mixing bowl.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven at 220ºC. Also heat up the baking tray for the focaccia.
- Crush the garlic and chop the rosemary and then mix it with some olive oil.
- Take out your dough and knead for another minute.
- Roll your dough in a circle approx. 2cm.
- Lay the dough on the baking paper and make small holes in the dough with your thumb.
- Sprinkle some olive oil with sea salt (without the garlic) over the dough.
- Cover the dough again with a towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Put the focaccia on the preheated baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- It’s ready to serve! The focaccia tastes best served warm!
Tip: You can also vary in flavours with the oil. Use different herbs like thyme or basil. For a deeper taste make the oil the day before. Add some cherry tomatoes (cut in half) for more of a Mediterranean style focaccia.